Re: First winter, no garage

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: First winter, no garage
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:07:52 -0500
Joe,
    The challenge is to keep water out of the car. Water gets in from
leaks and from condensation, so even the best cover is not a complete
solution.
     Whatever cover you use, do what you can to avoid moisture from the
ground rising to the car to condense.  If you are parking on gravel, try
to pitch it slightly and put a sheet of heavy plastic on top.  Then rain
& snow will be limited in their accumulation and the moisture rising from
the ground will be blocked.
    Some owners buy a good cover then put a blue tarp over the top
extending  below the glass  when rain and snow are anticipated, as even
the best covers can let some moisture through.
    From time to time you should remove the cover on a sunny day, open
doors, hood and trunk lid and let the car dry out as much as possible.
Bob