Re: Blower Installation Progress

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blower Installation Progress
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:31:29 -0800
I put todays pictures up at:
http://red4est.red4est.com/lrc/pix/jrb021120

It's pretty much more of the same, I'll go through and just put ones
of interest on an annotated page at some point. The digital camera has
the advantage of being great for taking notes. Rather than trying to
figure out how to write out or draw what I need to remember, I just
took a picture.

One example was when I set t he static timing, I set the crank, took a
picture of it, and then adjusted the distributor until the points just
opened.  The picture is at:
http://red4est.red4est.com/lrc/pix/jrb021120/pict0417.jpg

One thing I did, which turned out pretty well, was attached a degree
wheel to the timing cover. The pulley that comes with the blower kit
completely blocks the timing marks. This way I not only get timing
marks every five degrees up to 15, but every degree all the way
around. I attached a protracter to the degree wheel so that I'd have
the marks right next to the pulley. We'll see how that turns out.

Here are a couple other pictures of the full installation
(easier than going through the whole huge index)
http://red4est.red4est.com/lrc/pix/jrb021120/pict0448.jpg

http://red4est.red4est.com/lrc/pix/jrb021120/pict0433N.jpg
Has another trick I've done for years. I use cable ties to mark my
plug wires as to which cylinder they go to.

http://red4est.red4est.com/lrc/pix/jrb021120/pict0441N.jpg

Now to get a solid six hours of sleep before I take it down for a new
exhaust system.

   lrc

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.