Re: Question(s)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question(s)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 12:34:34 +1030
"Andrew B. Lundgren" wrote:

> >There is quite a bit of rust at the rear sills, but I have a good handle on
> >how to fix this (just not sure if I want to go to the expense / effort).  No
> >"crack of doom".
>
> For me,  I would keep looking because of this alone.  That pretty much
> defines a parts car as far as I am concerned.

Maybe Bob meant the doglegs (behind the doors) rather than the sills
because I haven't quite heard the term "rear sill" before?  Bob?

If it is just rust in these dogleg panels, then they are easily fixed
(there are replacement panels at your local MG parts place - well there
are here :-) but rust there might mean rust elsewhere and judicious
checking is the thing.

Yep, It only took me a few years and these days I am way past looking
for "good mechanicals, don't worry about the bodywork" - mechanics I can
fiddle with (or get a mate in to fiddle with) but bodywork leaves me cold.

My 1c worth.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI