setting up air compressor - Off topic

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: setting up air compressor - Off topic
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:35:01 -0600
So I'm setting up my new air compressor. A fairly small
2HP oiler. And I got a couple of questions.

1) It came with a quart of 30wt oil which I used. But I
don't think there is quite enough. It comes up to the bottom
of the peep hole, which they mark as a minimum. I want to
put more in. My trip to Menard's didn't find any oil in or
around the air compressor aisle. I did find some Quaker State
30wt in the automotive ailse, but it has detergent additives,
and the manual says to use non-detergent.

Can I use it, or if not, where do I find non-detergent oil?

2) hooking up the hose. I bought a hose, a couple of quick
disconnects. I figured I'd put the female quick disconnect on
the tank with the male on the end of the hose and female that
the other end. Then males on all the tools. Is that ok?

I found, when I got home, that the hose is 1/4 male thread at
both ends, so I had to go back and get a coupler yesterday, but I
haven't had a chance to hook it up yet.

3) Any worry about leaks? I have a roll of plumbers teflon tape.
Should I use it, is it overkill, or will it do no good?

4) It should be ok to leave it pressurized all the time in the
garage, right? Leave it on or turn it off?

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155