Re: setting up air compressor - Off topic

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: setting up air compressor - Off topic
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:21:03 -0500
----- Original Message -----
> Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:35:01 -0600
> From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
> Subject: setting up air compressor - Off topic
>
> So I'm setting up my new air compressor. A fairly small
> 2HP oiler. And I got a couple of questions.

You've already rec'd some good replies. The only thing I'll add is to
a question you didn't ask: How often to drain the tank?

Your tank will accumulate water from the moisture in the air. There
should be a drain valve somewhere on your tank - open it about once a
week to drain off the water.

On my tank, I added a 3 foot length of air hose to a pipe fitting
threaded into the bottom of the tank (where the drain used to be). At
the end of this length of hose is a shut off. Now it is easy to aim
the hose out the garage door, open the valve and get rid of the water.

Eric