RE: MGA Havana - shipping stuff ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGA Havana - shipping stuff ?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:34:03 -0600
At 12:39 PM 1/16/03 -0600, Chuck Renner wrote:
>Here's the USPS page on mailing to Cuba:
>
>http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immicl/immiclcd_017.html
>
>Here's the DHL page on shipping to Cuba:
>
>http://www.dhl-usa.com/shipping/details-by-country/wrdusa/guide/cu.html

Got it.  No packages accepted through USPS.  They do accept letters,
printed bound material, and books, all under 4 pounds.  Econo Book Rate is
almost reasonable.  I think I will send a book or two immediately (well,
Monday anyway).  Will be interresting to see how long econo-mail takes.

For parcels some other carrier would be needed.  DHL rates are through the
roof, so maybe Gander is beginning to look better just for the cost, if we
can get Andy P. to push a box on a plane.  Otherwise still checking on
other carriers.

So far I find no restrictions on shipping the kind of stuff we have in mind
as a gift.  No cash or jewels, etc (no cash equivelent), no biological
materials, and nothing hazzardous.  Has anyone else found any info on USA
export restrictions to Cuba, or Cuban import restrictions or tarrifs?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.MGAguru.com