Re: ?High and Mighty?: On or Off-Track?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ?High and Mighty?: On or Off-Track?
From: N3KKE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:43:28 EST
In a message dated 1/20/03 2:00:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
idcb@airborne.com writes:

> This SUV hatred is truly bizarre.

Not if you consider the track record of the Left.  There's a lot more to it
that you probably haven't noticed.

Notice that they don't attack the trucking industry, which accounted for in
excess of 5,000 "needless" deaths last year (stats from a trucking magazine I
picked up while stranded by my SUV's dying electric fuel pump in Richmond,
Georgia last year).  Any cry for smaller, less-useful trucks from the Left?

Actually, there is, and they've sold it as "mainstream" by playing the
us-against-THEM card.  Truckers are going to be paying big bucks for new
trucks this year that have some sort of environmentally-dubious "enhancement"
required by law.  Upshot is that used trucks are going to be more valuable,
artificially.  Is the Left going to be feeding the laid-off workers of Mack,
or Peterbilt, or the other truck manufacturers?  Don't bet on it.

Wendell Hall
'72 B
'87 YJ