Re: ?High and Mighty?: On or Off-Track?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ?High and Mighty?: On or Off-Track?
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:05:21 -0800 (PST)
Chad Cooper SEZ -
> Another interesting thing is Lutz' supposed involvement, he has been on other
> projects for quite awhile, and in the middle of GM's performance division,
>like
> the Corvette, Camaro, Monaro/GTO (Camaro replacement) Super Charged Grand
>Prix,
> etc...Possibly H2 (but how many H2's are there compared to Yukon's Suburban's
> Blazers etc) , or any of the other GM SUVS, I don't buy that Lutz was
> single-handedly responsible for the SUV craze....

No more so than Henry Ford II was responsible for the "Edsel craze".
Just because you design, build and hype the heck out of a vehicle,
people won't buy it unless it's something they want.  I think that's
what galls the SUV-haters the most:  There is a huge segment of the
US popluation that does not share their opinion of what constitutes
a virtuous vehicle, and so far they have been unable to bend the
car-buying public to their iron will.

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were