Re: MG tow vehicle

To: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: MG tow vehicle
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:00:28 -0500
dave houser wrote:
> Listers,
> Any advice on a pickup tow vehicle with an engine large enough to tow an
> MG behind? I want a V6, not an 8, economical, roomy(sits 4), short bed,
> not sure about 2 or 4wd? With the Florida move imminent, I want
> something reliable to get me back up north when an event calls. Not
> looking for an SUV, too expensive. Anyone been there,done that already?

Don't ignore an I6. My F-150 will pull a house (but it's not for sale).
It doesn't like to go over about 70, but it will hold speed going up the
hills on the WV Turnpike with me, wife, and two kids (teenage) plus the
bed full of all the stuff the three of them need.

Mine is a "real" :-) F-150, a '94 Supercab with a manual, 4X4, and
limited slip diff. I don't know if the more recent cars with the same
badge could do it, or even if the engine/transmission/rear end
combination is still available.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems