Re: MG tow vehicle

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG tow vehicle
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:40:26 -0500
Last November I swapped a bunch of old R/C modeling stuff for a '65 MGB
"project".  The car was in Oklahoma and I live in Michigan.  I borrowed a
'92 Oldsmobile Bravada and a 14' enclosed trailer.  The Bravada has a 4.3L
V6, 4WD, and a 4 speed overdrive auto trans.  I was impressed with how
easily the it handled the job.  This particular example has 185,000 miles
and yet had no problem maintaining 70 mph with the million-piece B in the
trailer.

We left on a Friday morning and arrived in Oklahoma City Saturday afternoon.
We loaded the car up, then had the world's best rib dinner at Ken's Steaks
and Ribs.  We left for home Sunday morning and pulled into my driveway
Monday afternoon.

It's not a pickup, but the Bravada seats 4 very comfortably and can haul a
surprising amount of stuff with the rear seat folded down.  Plenty of power,
excellent towing capabilities, and I like the automatic 4WD feature.  New
vehicles of this type are expensive, but you can find some real deals in the
used market.  This particular Bravada is for sale - asking price is $1,500.

My 2 cents :-).
Rick
'59 Sprite
'65 MGB