Re: MG tow vehicle

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG tow vehicle
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:59:35 -0800
You're welcome. Many of us have spent many an hour towing and have
learned what makes it more or less pleasant. For example, I don't care
for Ford vans because everyone I've driven has developed a lot of play
in the steering. Try towing in the rain, over a windy mountain road
(hwy 17 out of Santa Cruz) in a van that has about 90 degrees of play
in the steering sometime. It's a real thrill. More exciting than the
race was actually.

The one feature my van doesn't have, that I wish it did, was limited
slip.

One feature that every tow vehicle, and most pickups come with is
friends. Unfortunately they aren't around when you need to haul stuff,
but anybody with a sick car, or who needs to haul something that is
too big, or dirty to fit in the back of their Camry will be your long
lost friend.  I suggest deciding on a loan policy/rental rate right up
front, whether it be "Fill the tank of gas before you return it", "A
tank of gas, and dinner (or a sixpack)" or $50 per day.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.