Re: Good News/Bad News

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good News/Bad News
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:19:21 -0500
what I have read about o-ringing is that you machine a groove into the block
and put a small wire in to create the seal, something on the order of a .03
grove and a .06 wire.  Perhaps, because the gasket is built up around the
cylinders, there is lower clamping force on all of the rest of the gasket
surface, making it easier for the built up area to blow because the gasket
is not well supported behind it.

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8