Re: Engine Conversions and fuel economy:

To: David Randall <superhoser@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Conversions and fuel economy:
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:37:47 -0600
  There's no way I'd go with a supercharger on a B engine.  I've run
blowers on a couple of different engines and believe them to be more
hassel than they're worth, once you get past the "gee whiz" factor.

  I had a '61 Ford Falcon Ranchero p/u that came with a 144 CID 4
cylinder engine.  It wound up with a Ford 302 CID V8 and 3 spd overdrive
tranny.  The little truck got better gas mileage with the V8 loafing
under the hood than it did with the 4 cylinder working hard.

  It seems to me that a V8 or V6 B with a 4-spd tranny and a MGC rear
end might be a viable bolt-together option.  If the engine was a late
model with EFI that had all the sensors to make the EFI work correctly,
the gas mileage might be extremely good.  AND, it will run on regular
gas.

  Hmmm, how about a V8 C?

  Cheers,

   CR