Re: Engine Conversions and fuel economy:

To: David Randall <superhoser@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Conversions and fuel economy:
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:16:20 -0700
I agree that the supply is not endless; however euro gas prices are tax
induced if I am not mistaken.

Much of our own costs are taxes as well.  If they used all the fuel
taxes to maintain roads we would have some really nice roads!

The only subsidized fuel pricing I am aware of, as far as dino based
fuels, is the taxes on it subsidizing other things.  One of them being
bio-energy.

http://www.e85fuel.com covers the pro-side of e85.  It does leave out
the negatives entirely however. (or did last time I read it.)  Such as
the fuel cannot be piped.  It separates in the pipe lines...  It has to
be transported in such a way that it can be maintained or reconstituted.
 It also talks about requirements for FF cars. (flexible fuel)

It is all pretty cool looking for the info they present.  After
communicating with my government reps, and getting more info, it isn't
as easy as they paint it to be.

They apply spin to it; you can figure out which way for yourself.

On a side note, most of the new beloved SUV's are able to burn E85; thus
supporting the farmers, not the terrorists depending on where they fill
up...