This mornings progress

To: MGs@autox.team.net, hans@hi-flow.com, capthiland@aol.com,
Subject: This mornings progress
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:48:48 -0800
I stopped by to see my machinist this morning. The plan had originally
been to have him touch up the head on the belt sander, but we
considered the following things:

1) the blown head gasket was due to my screwing up the old one.

2) the head was a little bit under torqued

3) He had milled the head with his machine at the smallest step so it
   was already a lot smoother than a "standard" milling job.

So we decided not to sand it.

His comment on cc'ing the combustion chambers was that they are stock,
and there isn't really anything that I could do about them anyways.

Regarding, the bad plug, I'm going to try running one heat range
cooler plug. I'm also trying to track down an IR pyrometer to measure
the temps of the various header tubes to see if #4 is running a lot
hotter.

I was just reminded that there's a school next weekend at Sears Point
(Infineon), I wonder if I'll have her together in time to go?

Judging by the NOx readings on my dyno run, I want to run it a bit
richer from 2800 to 3800 RPM and maybe a little richer at the top end
than the BCF needle in it, but not quite so far as the BCG.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.