On-going SU HIF rebuild problems

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: On-going SU HIF rebuild problems
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:56:40 -0500
Since I had one carb overflowing, I decided to replace the needle & seat in
that carb, as I had already replaced it in the rear carb, which solved the
overflow problem there (or so I thought).

I adjusted both floats according to advice received, this time setting the
floats to be 40 thou from the edge of the bowl to the lowest portion of the
float (the center of the dip in the middle).

Now both carbs overflow...

There must be something fundamentally wrong that I am doing. I've gone back
through Lawrie's video, but whatever it is, I'm missing it.

I tried this in both my cars, in case it might be too high fuel pressure.
Same prob in both cars, which also work fine with my other set of HIF's, so
I don't think that's the problem...

Any ideas???
--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net LLC  eMail: smarc@abs.net