DIY channel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: DIY channel
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:19:57 -0600
Tonight, my wife was covering my job as perpetual channel switcher when
she stopped on the DIY channel.  I always figured I'd tune into DIY
when I wanted to learn to crochet or paint clay pots to look like
snowmen, or learn to wear safety goggles when changing light bulbs.

Tonight, they had a show called "Classic Car Restoration".  They seem
to be restoring an Alfa Romeo, and tonight they pulled the engine and
made it look (and presumably run) like new again.  Interesting show and
an interesting car, but what I found most interesting was the guy they
hired to do the actual work (can't remember his name, Kenny something)
ran a British car repair business.  Common for the British car guys to
get the "spaghetti burner" business?  I guess the DOHC aluminum block
four cylinder that the Alfa had isn't that much different from a Lotus
engine.

Kevin Smith