Re: Dual circuit conversion

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dual circuit conversion
From: James Howard <jhoward@sextans.lowell.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:09:01 -0700 (MST)
Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com> wrote:

>Well, did you see the recent posts about the cost of the dual MCs?
>
>Otherwise, a sound idea, in principle.

No, but I have been dealing with a family emergency for the last couple of
weeks.  A new dual MC is around $180?  Seems cheap to me, compared to what
some people's car payments are.

Then Mr. Nazarian wrote:

>I think it is just a matter of procuring a dual circuit MC and one of the
>distribution blocks (with pressure differential warning switch), as well
as
>the lines to do the conversion.  A used PDWS should be easy to come by,
but
>be wary of used MCs, they don't lend themselves to kitting as well as
some
>other styles so probably spring for new here.

My Dad has several used PDWSs on some of the parts MGBs he has.
Unfortunately, he has to find time to get one, and he lives on the other
side of the country, so I can't go get it myself.  Although for the price
Moss sells them, I could probably fly there and back for less money.

Thanks for all the responses,

James