Rear tires rubbing

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear tires rubbing
From: "Phillip Erikson" <perikson2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:49:41 -0800
Hi, guys. I just got back from a wonderful day's outing with the Southern
California MG club yesterday. But, I  noticed that on tight left-, or
right-hand turns, the left rear tire would rub. I didn't hear this from the
right tire.The trunk was rather full and I had a passenger, too.When the trunk
is empty and I'm alone in the car, I don't notice it as much. My B has been
lowered a couple of inches and it's running 195/65X15 tires on 15x6
Panasports. I have widened the rear fender  so there is a finger's-width
clearance between tire & fender. The springs are new.

What's the best, most cost-effective way to tackle this problem -- the tires?
or the suspension? Should I switch to 195/60x15s? Or, how about adding a
Panhard rod? Has anyone had any experience with British Automotive's Panhard
Rod kit?  Sorry for the many questions and thanks in advance for all your
valued expertise.

Phil Erikson
'66 MGB