Re: Coolant was Battery Water

To: slimyrat@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant was Battery Water
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:03:21 EST
In a message dated 2/27/03 3:12:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
slimyrat@hotmail.com writes:

> So I guess my question is can one run an engine with pure ethylene glycol in
> the cooling system and if not why not?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Yes, you CAN run the engine with pure antifreeze, but plain water is a better
coolant than antifreeze.  It removes more heat from the engine.  You should
never use more than a 50/50 mix in a car engine.  If your area is not prone
to freezing, you can simply use plain water and Water Wetter from Red Line.
That will cool the engine very well and protect it from corrosion.

Check out http://www.redlineoil.com/redlineoil/wwti.htm for more info.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)