Roll bar style for a B question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Roll bar style for a B question
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:20:27 EST
Hi: I am beginning reassembly of my newly painted 74 B. Since I am "doing"
this car for my adult son and eventually my grandkids, I want to include a
roll bar.
I saw the chromed shorter style as fitted to a Miata, and also the new Audi
sport convertible, and I liked it. Two chromed curved pieces, one behind each
seat.
Have any of you installed styles other than those used for years in most of
our LBC's? You know, the black tube type with bracing welded inplace.
What do I need to know to make a safe version, but one a little more modern
looking.
Any idea where to purchase?

Thanks
Dennis Barr