Re: insurance rant and question... sorry!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: insurance rant and question... sorry!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:31:08 -0800
I can see where you would be frustrated.

I have my MGB insured as a "regular" car, with full coverage, through State
Farm. No restrictions on use. It's not super-cheap, but it's less than
$400/year. I was just starting to think I could find something cheaper,
since I drive it less than 5000 miles a year (usually a lot less), since I
don't have a commute. But I have started to find that the discount auto
insurers that advertise heavily are not interested in covering older cars;
and as you have found, the "classic" car insurers are full of restrictions
and evasions.

So, since I have "guaranteed renewal" and a multi-car discount with State
Farm, I think I might as well stay put. Although I can't really answer for
their level of service since I haven't filed a claim in 15 years.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149