Re: MG/Lola

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG/Lola
From: "richard rivenbark" <rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 22:03:19 -0500
Not quite true:  Each of the chassis have at least 3 of the new style
cream-clored-background MG badges on it. :) The engine was commisioned by MG
and was designed and built from scratch in record-breaking time by AER.
Nearly all "prototypes" have nothing in common with their roadgoing
siblings.  The Audi R8 chassis is a Dallara.  IIRC the engine was designed
and built by Ilmor again with no connection to a "real" Audi.  The Bentley
uses an older version of the "Audi" engine and I don't recall ever seeing a
roadgoing Bentley that looks like its racing kin.  Really the only cars that
truely share commonality with the roadgoing cars are those in the GT and GTS
classes.  Most notable of these would be the Porsche 911 GT3s.

We're not going to get into the age-old "it's not a real MG" debate are we?
<VBG> :)

Tad R.
Orlando, FL
69 MGC GT