Front suspension rebuild options

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Front suspension rebuild options
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:55:13 -0600
I'm in the process of dismantling my front end in order to rebuild it.  As
I'm currently exploring my options, I'd like some input from the list.

1)  I've been running on the assumption that I'll need to swap in rebuilt
swivels.  However, now I'm wondering if this is necessary. Is there any
particular test to use to determine this?  Or can I assume that since things
like the A-arm bushes are shot, that the kinpin bushes are reaching a
similar state?

2)  Looking at Moss's rebuilt swivel kit (264-458), it appears to have
pretty much everything for the front end except the A-arm bushings A-arm
hardware.  Is this correct?

3)  Bushing materials....I doubt anyone would suggest using the stock A-arm
bushings.  There's the V-8 style ones, plus poly, plus Nylatron.  I'm
interested in anyone's experiences with any of these.  (I also notice that
the Nylatron section mentions some hand-fitting may be required, so I gather
these are targeted towards the racer/autocrosser?)
This is on a '79 B with no suspension mods, so I don't want to spend extra
on something that this suspension will never take advantage of.