Re: torque & tuning

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: torque & tuning
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:32:54 -0800
TDC = Top Dead Center = 0 degrees
BTDC = Before Top Dead Center = "advanced"
ATDC = After Top Dead Center = "retarded"

All degree references will be to TDC, either advanced (before) or retarded
(after). Even if the "stock" setting is 15 degrees BTDC, and you "retard"
the timing 5 degrees, that is still 10 degrees BTDC. Does that make sense?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149