Weak Spark

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Weak Spark
From: bamadio@statestreet.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:54:51 -0500
I understand sooty spark plugs can be the result of a too rich fuel mixture
but I also believe it can be the result of a weak spark.  How does one
determine if the plugs are getting the proper voltage?  How do I measure
resistance in the wires and what should the resistance value be?  Here is
the situation: car ['50 TD] starts and runs well but after 300 - 400 miles
the plugs are fouled - dry and sooty.  I have leaned the carbs out to the
point the car runs rough and still the plugs foul.  Any idea where to go
next?

Bruce...
617-664-8696