Midget wheel color code ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget wheel color code ?
From: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:07:12 -0700 (MST)
Newbie question here...

I picked up my sandblasted wheels yesterday and swung by a paint shop to pick
up the silver paint.  I'd been told by my local Moss parts dealer that I should
ask for "Argent Silver".  The paint guys laughed at me because argent is
Spanish for silver and there are a lot of argent silvers in their books.

I tried going through their books, but I just don't have an eye to try and
match the original color (from memory) to a sample.  I've found several web
based color charts for MGs, but no mention of the wheels.

I don't want to just get the rattlecan paint from the Moss catalog as I'd
prefer a single stage catalyst based paint (tougher, more resistant to stains
and rust).  Can anyone please tell me what color code to use to match the
original color?

Thanks