need a shot of ambition???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: need a shot of ambition???
From: Zubrovka <zubrovka@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:19:30 -0500
Do any of y'all ever get to a point with your cars where you feel
like junking them?  Maybe, you are still with it and your spouse
comes along and says something like, "what a piece of junk"....
I was out in the shop the other day poking around.  (We are finally
getting moved out to the farm where I will have the shop right out
back)  I was looking my MG over.  I'll admit, she's sad looking right
now (the MG) and I know it will be a lot of work, but I have the
space, the time and can find the funds as needed.  Yet the negative
comments hurt the ego.
I was standing there looking at the interior and my wife walks in and
says "Is that Emmy?"  (name we called the MG back when she was
running in the early 80's) and I say "yep" and the wife says, "what a
hunk of junk, why don't you find something that looks like a car"
then she walked out.  I looked at the lil car and patted it on the
trunk lid and whispered "she didn't mean it".  I mean the car
actually looked worse after the name calling.
I got to thinking, this is where a lot of people give up on their
projects, when people who matter to them make hurtful remarks.
So what do y'all do?
It made me have more resolve to fix the car.
I have very good memories of jauntily driving down country lanes in it.
Anyhow, just wondering how y'all cope with the down side.
John