NAPA 1300 oil filter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: NAPA 1300 oil filter
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:09:31 -0600
I finally started taking off engine parts on my '68 B for an engine
pull.  I took apart the oil filter "canister" expecting to find a big
mess, but I didn't.  I found a NAPA (I assume Gold) 1300 "cartridge"
oil filter.  I did a search and found sites mentioning these as
replacements for Metropolitans and some Datsuns and doing a list
archive search, I found that someone on here uses this filter on a '52
TD.

Anyone use these in your MGB?  On the surface, it seems like a neater
solution than the paper elements that Moss sells, but I've never done
oil changes with this type of filter mechanism (my '72 had/has a
screw-on filter).

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)