How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How To Take Along A One-Year Old In An MGB
From: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:06:08 +0200
Dear Fellow Listers,

I'm not a regular contributor to this list, but now, once more, I call upon
the wisdom of this list for a solution to the following problem.

We have a 13-month old son and wonder how to take him along on our
occasional trips with the MGB.
(Come to think of it, I think I forgot to announce his birth to the list,
too much lack of time, not to mention sleep, at the time...)

When he was smaller, it was easy enough to take him along in a Maxi-Cosi
(that is, a bin-like child carrier fitted with a sort of safety belt) that
was a snug fit  between the rear of the front seats and the folded-down hood.

However, this coming summer, since Little Bert is bigger and much more
agile, I am looking for a practical solution more suited to his present day
little personality.

A commercially available child car seat like Romer King, the one we use in
our daily driver, is not suitable for a 1970 B.

Anyone who has a suggestion? BTDT?

Greetings

Bert Palte

Holland, Europe