Re: Heater Core Removal

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>, The MG List
Subject: Re: Heater Core Removal
From: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:35:18 -0500
>> Anyways, how do you remove the bloody thing?   This evening, I removed the
>> clips and the three screws in the angle in front of the lower edge of the
>> heater unit.  What do I do now?  The top comes loose, but the bottom does
>not
>> move.
>
>Bill, if the unit is still in the car, I'm not sure you can remove the
>cover.  The cover has a lip which goes under the bottom of the casing, if
>that makes sense.  Think of the cover as a lid with a lip all the way around
>it, and you'll quickly realize the problem.

I managed, through a mixture of pig-eyed perserverance, monkey-fisted
manhandling and pure dumb luck, to loosen the heater flap cable enough so
that I was able to yank the unit up about 2 inches and get the cover off.
It wasn't pleasant, but it beat pulling it entirely, which means you have
to put that stupid cable back on.