Forwarded: Unusual Oil Leak

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Unusual Oil Leak
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:47:53 -0600
For some reason this was sent to me rather than mgs@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Andrew Sexton" <sextona@kc.rr.com>
     Subject: Unusual Oil Leak
     Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:56:01 -0500

Hi all ... "Long time listener, First time caller"  (sorry couldn't
resist.)

I've been a proud driver of a '74B-GT for 12 years.
I now have an unusual oil leak and I was wondering if anyone else has
had this problem and maybe has a remedy.

When I drive the vehicle it sprays oil out of the dip-stick tube.  I
can drive a 1/4 mile, park the car and end up with a spot on the drive
that is about 4 inches in diameter.  If I take the dip-stick out of
the tube while the engine is running, oil spits out the tube.  I have
tried placing an 'O-ring' on the dip-stick in an attempt to create a
seal, but to no avail.  I drove to Victoria British today and bought
an old style 'dust cap' that fits on the dip-stick and covers the oil
tube, but to no avail.  It still leaks.  Has anyone encountered this
issue?

The problem started after I had some work done to the vehicle: rebuild
of the head new main seal new oil pan seal After this work was done, I
had many leaks; the one described above, head gasket, valve cover, and
water outlet elbow.  (if anyone is in the area of Knoxville, TN, I can
tell you where not to take your vehicle!!..It's a long story and
involves much more than leaks) I have fixed all of the leaks except
for the one from the dip-stick tube.

Hopefully someone has an idea.
Thanks.

Drew