Re: high idle

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: high idle
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:40:21 -0700
on 4/21/03 8:15 PM, MonteMorris at mmorris@nemr.net wrote:
> I would bet there is a terminal under the bonnet that I
> can use in place of the positive battery post, right? That would sure beat
> bringing in another car next to it to supply battery power.
> So there's my explanation. Now fire away :-).
>
> Monte

You guessed right. The big fat cable on the starter is direct from the
battery. You probably have to duck under the car to attach the alligator
clip securely.

On an early car, the starter solenoid on the inner fender is the handy
location to pick up battery power.

I wouldn't recommend using any of the temptingly accessible terminals on the
fuse box, since they are so small compared to the timing light clip that
you're likely to jump a couple of them, or short them to ground.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149