Re: Tao of Bugs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tao of Bugs
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:40:42 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 09:32 PM 4/28/03 -0400, Tab Julius wrote:
> >.... my MG's windshield will invariably be covered in dead bug
> >smegma.  Whereas the Saab's windshield is barely covered at all ....
>
> Shucks.  I thought this was a well understood law of old British cars,
> where they collect bugs as surely as they drip oil, and nobody has to
> ask.  Check this picture:
> http://chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/abingdon01/1742.jpg
> Warm summer nights and grassy roadsides combine for a special treat.

Comedian Joe Frisco (not related) was the famous stuttering comic of the
1920's and 30's. George Burns' favorite Joe Frisco story was thus: Joe and
George and a group of other comedians were standing on Broadway when a big
Bentley drove by with Kansas plates and a great assortment of big bugs and
small birds stuck to that massive grill. Joe says, "N-N-N-Nobody could
belong to THAT many c-c-car clubs!"

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
"JJ Cale Live" CD & Video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm