Re: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB
From: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:33:48 -0700
I install a successful dead pedal in all my B's.  I use a piece of wood
sized so it will reach the firewall, approximately 5-6" long.  1 1/4" x 1
1/4" is ideal, but 3/4" thickness will work.  Leave the piece full thickness
for about an inch, then taper it to 1/4" at the back (end against firewall).
To mount it, just screw to the side sill member, level with the top surface
of the sill.
Of course, this does not work well with the earlier foot-activated dimmer
switch, which I don't like anyways.  On my '77, the dimming mechanism is in
a Volvo turn stalk.

Bill