RE: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB

To: "'Paul M.'" <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:00:28 -0700
Paul:

It sounds like your pedals are about where they are supposed to be.  The
68-74 MGB was always noted for not having a good pedal setup.

I got into the habit of kinda rolling my foot sideways to catch the throttle
pedal, rather than using the heel.  It was a necessary function when sitting
at a stoplight in sub zero weather with a Weber DCOE carb.  They don't like
to idle when the manifold starts to freeze.  Now I have a Paddy Hopkirk
style pad on my 1965 race car, I find I still roll the foot rather than
bringing the heel into play.

Kelvin.