Re: misfire at 3000 rpm

To: William Killeffer <wkilleffer@comcast.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: misfire at 3000 rpm
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 04:19:13 -0700 (PDT)
I would look more at the fuel delivery starting with a new fuel filter (very
cheap and easy). If your filter was not running up to snuff it could be able to
handle filtering regular fuel demand but it might be unable to filter enough
fuel to cover the added demands of the faster running engine.(It is a cheap fix
and it can't hurt) If you do not have the clear filter type, get one, maybe you
are having a crud problem in your fuel system you are not aware of.Carl

William Killeffer <wkilleffer@comcast.net> wrote:Hello Listers,
This evening, I took my 74 MGB out for a spin to view the open
floodgates at the Chickamauga Dam. All seemed to be running well as I
rarely got above 2500 rpm's between shifts. Part of the drive involved
some time at over 50 mph. As my car is not od equipped, this meant the
engine had to turn at a minimum of 3000 rpm. Upon reaching that point,
the car began to hesitate and sputter a bit. It seemed like there was a
bit of noise from the muffler underneath,