Carb float bowl movement......

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb float bowl movement......
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:43:59 EDT
I just recently acquired a rebuilt set of SU's for my MGA roadster. I have
noticed that there is a lot of movement of the float bowls. Aren't these
supposed to be completely stationary once they are mounted? The rear float
bowl has moved in towards the engine several times and actually come in
contact with the tension springs on the throttle shaft. I have tried to move
the bowls out away from the linkage and tighten them, but they seem to keep
moving back towards the engine.....shouldn't these be rigidly mounted?

               TIA........Bill Dillstrom - Southwest Missouri

     62 MKII MGA roadster - Old English White...with the "old" guy behind the
wheel !