Re: Low on power

To: "Kendel McCarley" <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Low on power
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:10:06 +0100
Bad floats or valve will pour fuel out of the overflows.  If the car has the
carbon canister it will be visible there.  But blue smoke is usually oil,
and if it had been so rich due to floats it stalled I wouldn't have expected
you to be able to start it again, much less get back to normal power.  Start
with a compression check, then valves, plugs, points, timing, carb airflow
balance and mixture to eliminate the usual rubbish.