Re: Fast and Furious

To: "MGLIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fast and Furious
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 23:42:27 -0500
Those are valid points and I don't necessarily disagree with you.  But,
there is a serious difference between a Civic, a Mustang, and a 57
Chevy.  Most notably is the presence or lack of an onboard computer
(some extra cylinders come to mind as well).  One of the major
attractions of an MG is its simplicity.  Being a simple design, any
shadetree greasy wrench with a Haynes manual can fix them. No laptop
computer required.  Work?  Yeah, that's often required.

Another attraction of the MG is the fact that they are fun to drive
whether I am going fast or slow.  I've got no problems with adding
turbo-chargers and other high performance equipment to MG's either.
I'm just not headed that way.  I'm more interested in winding, shady
roads in the summertime with the top down, wheel in hand, leaving the
sweet aroma of pipe tobacco and exhaust fumes in my wake.

Perhaps I'm just getting old, but with a baby due in two months, I get
very irritated when some moron in a lime green monstrosity is racing
some other waste of oxygen on the same interstate that I will soon have
my daughter riding with me.  Am I overprotective already?  Sure.

BTW, how do you like your Buell?

Kevin