Re: Fast and Furious

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fast and Furious
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 06:16:47 -0700
> > I couldn't agree more.  These "import tuner" kids take
> > so much grief from the older generations.  Why?
> > Because they are hot rodding their cars in a way that
> > their parents don't understand?  What else is new!
>
> Yes and no.  The problem is that while there are import tuner types who
> truly are working to get the best performance out of their cars, the vast
> majority are 'ricers'; that is, they poseurs with all flash and no
> substance.  A fart can muffler and a bunch of stickers don't turn your car
> into a high performance machine.

I hope we are not going to get into another 'ricer' discussion. The last
one, was to my mind, ugly.

When I was 19, I bought a Ford product called an Anglia 105E.

The very first thing I did, was take the old muffler off & replace it with a
straight through with twin pipes. As the years progressed & to make a long
story short, it finally had a Lotus motor ( plus the mods necessary for
safety) & I raced it for 3 years, until I got hitched.

What started out as a 'wanabee' racer became a dream come true.

What's wrong with dreaming, having an imagination & having fun at the same
time.

How many of us started out with decals up & down the front fenders?
How many of us playing football, hockey, cricket used the names of the most
famous as our own.

I say dream the dream.

My thoughts for what they are worth.

Aubrey 75B