Re: Heater Valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Valve
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 00:10:48 -0500
>Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Heater Valve
>
>Trying to remove the heater valve from the '76 B in preparation for
>removing the cylinder head... Any tricks to getting the bottom bolt off??
>My standard 7/16 wrench doesn't fit well between the valve and the engine
>block... And I can't get a socket on it due to the lack of space between
>the bolt and the valve body... Short of cutting it down, any tips??
>
>TIA...

Yeah, another part designed by pixies...

I had to find the shortest, smallest 7/16 wrench I could and lean over the
fender turning the bolt one flat at a time. Warm up an ale and get
comfortable, you'll be there a while. Hopefully your back is youger than
mine. Hmmm, I think next time I have to take it off I'll try to find a
SCREW to replace the hex bolt.

Glenn

Glenn Schnittke
Vice-President