Re: Overdrive care

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive care
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:24:01 -0700
OK, never read that section of the manual, I guess. Other persons suggested
this technique, and it seemed to help avoid the "lurch" you get when
flicking the OD switch when accelerating. I think they mean "don't lift off
totally" -- it feels a little brutal to "power shift" into OD every time.
And of course you don't want to lift when flicking off.

I know some racers report not lifting at all and the OD still survives, so
it's not mandatory, certainly.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149