Re: Advice sought re: 57 MGA w/1800 engine

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Advice sought re: 57 MGA w/1800 engine
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:04:52 -0700
Hmm, I'm not really in touch with A prices. It probably needs more work than
is immediately apparent (but that goes without saying). It looks good in the
photos, though.

What I wanted to say is that that steering wheel is the only other one I've
ever seen, besides the one in my B. I didn't know it was a Moss part (it
came with the car, well broken-in). But the PO seems to have it mounted
upside-down. The idea of the three evenly-spaced spokes is that with one
pointing straight up, there is nothing blocking the view of the two big
gauges, and it's stronger than the typical wheel which essentially leaves
half the rim unsupported.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149