Re: Distributor repair or replace

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Re: Distributor repair or replace
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:44:45 +0100
Clausager states that the 846/847 engines were applicable to the home market
from September 1974 to 1980, the 'up to September 1976' Leyland Parts list
quotes 13H9694 as being applicable to the 846/847 engines from number 101
onwards i.e. all of them, and the 'September 76 on' Leyland parts list
quotes 13H9694 for non USA engines i.e. 846/847.  Clausager does show a
change in vacuum source from ported to manifold between 1975 and 'post-1976'
but not precisely when.  The Sept 76 book shows the manifold take-off
instead of the ported, which not only indicates when the change may have
occurred but also tends to confirm my belief that there is no fundamental
difference in vacuum units or distributors between ported and manifold
vacuum.  I didn't have the September book when I first compiled my list of
specs, thanks for bringing this omission (the change in vacuum source for
the 41610) to my attention.

PaulH.