Re: Front hub with spacer, no shims, and endplay

To: "James Feyrer" <james.feyrer@Dartmouth.EDU>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front hub with spacer, no shims, and endplay
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:44:15 +0100
With the correct bearings, spacer and hub and no shims it is not possible
for the inner races to tighten onto the spacer and leave slop in the
bearings.  Are you sure there are no shims stuck to anything?  There are
those that insist that the spacer and shims were not required and leave them
out, if yours shows signs of an inner having spun on the stub axle (another
reason for the spacer and shims - it prevents this) maybe a PPO left them
out and a PO replaced them but with incorrect items.