Re: Front hub with spacer, no shims, and endplay

To: James Feyrer <james.feyrer@Dartmouth.EDU>
Subject: Re: Front hub with spacer, no shims, and endplay
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:52:57 -0500
   ER , ah, blush, oh shux, yer right.  You take spacers out 'til it
locks.  I had this nagging feeling about that post, heh.  Oh, well, I'm
a regisered OF.  I'll just call it a senior moment.  ;^)  Sorry.

   Well, if it wobbled before you took it apart, that's another story.
Guess you'll have to wait til the new spacer gets in.  Hope you bought a
fistfull of shims.  That's what I did when I replaced my bearings and races.

   On my WW B you just tap the grease caps into place.  I expect it's
the same on DW cars.  For my WW caps, I made a tool to screw onto the
cap stud.  The tool is a 6" piece of allthread having the same thread as
the stud, with a long nut and a jam nut screwed onto one end.  I screw
the long nut onto the stud and use the appropriate method to pull or
install the cap.

   Cheers,

     CR