Wiring question/ head light switch 69C

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring question/ head light switch 69C
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:47:36 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,
I changed the head light switch on my 69 MGC Roadster today and discovered the
original had 4 wires attached to it, 1- red 2- blue 3- brown 4- purple. The
problem is the replacement switch only has 3 posts. The wiring diagram I have
from the C manual only shows 3 wires and purple is not one of them. What is the
purple for? I tried the new switch and everything worked front and back head
lights tail lights, liscence plate lights only exception was the front running
lights(turn signals did work). What is the purple wire for and can I double it
up on another post, and if so which post?
TIA
Jim
69C
70B