Re: Wiring question/ head light switch 69C

To: "JAMES SCHULTE" <schultejim@prodigy.net>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring question/ head light switch 69C
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:04:59 +0100
Don't have any MGC diagrams but I can't imagine what the purple would be for
there, sounds like a PO addition.  Does it come out of the loom or is it
loose?  If loose where does it go?  Purple on the MGB is fused, always hot,
for things like the horn and interior lights.  Does the old switch have four
terminals?  Or was the purple attached to the same terminal as one of the
others?  Is the purple connected to anything i.e. what happens if you
connect a fused 12v supply to it?  Or does it show 12v when something else
is switched on?  If the front running lights didn't come on with the other
three wires connected then maybe that wire (red on an MGB) is damaged up
front somewhere and the PO ran in a purple to bypass it.  In which case it
should go with the red on the switch.