RE: Two Super Supercharged MGB's

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Two Super Supercharged MGB's
From: "Richard Rivenbark" <rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:05:14 -0400
Jerry Erbesfield wrote:
"Vettes have won several very big international road racing events,
including
GTS class wins at LeMans, the Pete LeMans here at Road Atlanta and several
other road races. The finished 2-3 THIS year at LeMans in GTS class this
year, runner up only to a $150,000 plus Ferrari."

While I'm not a Vette basher (I'm not a Vette lover either) that last
statement is not quite accurate.  The "$150K Ferrari" was prepared by
ProDrive and the "$50K" Corvette was a GM Factory sponsored team.  Both
teams spend large amounts of money to race and develop the cars.  Neither
one is even remotely close to being stock.  As a matter of fact, IIRC, the
Corvette has a 7-liter engine under the hood.  Hmmmm, I don't recall reading
any reviews of stock 7-liter Vettes rolling off of the assembly line.  I'm
not trying to pull the rug out from under you on this debate, but as a
racing fan I hate to see the facts not presented accurately.

Now then, with that said.  One of my co-workers has a C5 and I must say that
after a ride in it I was impressed.

Tad R.
Orlando, FL
69 MGC GT